Granolas top the list of some of my favorite breakfast foods. They are so versatile and is so good on their own. When I don't have time for a fancy breakfast, I fill my bowl up with my homemade granola, sprinkle a handful of berries on it and pour some almond milk into the bowl. But when I do have time for a #perfectbreakfast, I'll make a smoothie bowl and sprinkle it generously with this granola.
This recipe is packed full of antioxidants, complex-carbohydrates, healthy fats and is extremely delicious! The best part? It is a one-bowl recipe that you can make in under 30 minutes!
Matcha Granola (vegan, gluten-free)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup silvered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (Grade A preferably)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Add the ingredients for the wet mix into a huge mixing bowl and whisk it well until fully combined.
4. Add the dry mix into the bowl and coat it well with the wet mix.
5. Pour everything onto a baking tray and spread it into a thin layer.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Take out the tray at the halfway mark and give the granola a good mix before putting it back into the oven.
7. Let it cool completely before you jar it!